Sacubitril and Valsartan Tablets (24mg +26mg)
This product is an effective combination of two ARNI drugs sacubitril and valsartan which is known to treat and improve heart conditions. Sacubitril and Valsartan Tablets are classified as a class of angiotensin receptor neprilysin inhibitors (ARNI) drugs. Valsartan is the ARB (angiotensin II receptor blocker) of an ARNI drug. It lowers the blood pressure by keeping blood vessels from tightening. On the other hand, Sacubitril is the neprilysin inhibitor. It allows the body to Get rid of more sodium (salt). And Opens blood vessels. This efficacious fusion of drugs treats heart failure by soothing the blood vessels and making it uncomplicated for your heart to pump blood throughout your body. In addition, it also helps your body contain a low amount of water. The combination of sacubitril and valsartan is used to treat certain types of heart failure and help you to live longer and healthier. The person taking this medicine should stay active and exercise (light walking, stretching) and eat a healthy, low-sodium balanced diet.
Uses of Sacubitril and Valsartan Tablets
- Sacubitril and Valsartan help in the treatment of long-lasting (chronic) heart failure and make it easier for the heart to push blood out to cells.
- You might feel dizzy after using this medication so it is suggested to reduce the chances of feeling dizzy, stand up and walk slowly if you have been sitting or lying down
- It can increase the level of potassium in your blood. So, Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods like bananas and broccoli.
- Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) and blocks a substance in the body that causes blood vessels to constrict.
- Valsartan comforts the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Which helps to increase the flow of blood and oxygen to the heart.
- Tell your doctor about the overall medical condition, including liver or kidney disease, and history of facial swelling (angioedema).
- Inform the doctor if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding lady.
- Also, tell your doctor about all medicines you are taking, especially if you are taking potassium supplements or painkillers, blood pressure or heart failure medicines
- Sacubitril+Valsartan should be avoided in pregnancy. If you become pregnant while using Sacubitril+Valsartan, stop using it and contact your doctor immediately.
- Patients who are allergic to any of its components should avoid Sacubitril+Valsartan.
Direction to use
- Swallow the whole tablet with or without food as directed by your specialist.
- Avoid chewing, breaking, or crushing the tablet.
- It is usually taken twice a day. Other than that, the quantity of dosage is based on the medical condition and response to the medicine.
- Children’s dosage is also based on weight
Side Effects of Sacubitril + Valsartan Tablets
If you feel any of these effects that last or get worse, tell your doctor promptly.
- Cough, dizziness
- Allergic reaction
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat),
- Severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Acute renal failure,
- Decreased hematocrit level
- Increased creatinine level in blood
- Valsartan is harmful it can cause serious harm to an unborn baby if used during pregnancy.
Store at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and humidity. Do not store it in the bathroom or fridge.