Combikit of Artesunate 200 mg Tablets, Pyrimethamine 25 mg & Sulphadoxine 500 mg Tablets I.P.
Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine drugs are known to belong to a class of anti-malarial drugs. Malaria is an infectious disease transmitted by the anopheles female mosquito. It is transmitted through the bite of infected mosquitoes, which carry the Plasmodium parasite. The beginning of symptoms typically occurs between 10 days and 4 weeks after infection. These drugs are used to treat uncomplicated falciparum malaria. uncomplicated falciparum malaria is the level of Severe malaria that occurs when infections become more complicated and cause serious organ failures or abnormalities in the patient’s blood or metabolism. The indications of severe malaria include the following cerebral malaria, with abnormal behavior, impairment of consciousness, seizures, coma, or other neurologic irregularities.
Uses of Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine Tablets
- Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine Antiparasitic drugs such as artesunate and pyrimethamine work by increasing the amount of hemoglobin in your blood, which is toxic to malarial parasites.
- This kills the parasites and stops the spread of infection.
- Sulfadoxine, on the other hand, is an antibiotic. It stops the bacteria from making folic acid, a nutrient needed for bacterial growth.
- Artesunate develops free radicals, thereby inhibiting nucleic acid and protein synthesis of the Plasmodium parasites during erythrocytic stages.
- Pyrimethamine binds to haem and forms a complex that is toxic to the malarial parasite. This is because sulfadoxine stops the parasite from making folinic acid. folinic acid is needed for the parasite to multiply.
- Together, Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine help in treating malaria.
You are not advised to take Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine, or any other medication without proper consultation from a healthcare specialist. It is better to consult your symptoms with a doctor and then start the treatment, rather than taking any random medicine by searching or matching symptoms with others and making the symptoms more severe than before. Here is the list of precautions you need to bring in mind and discuss with your doctor if you are-
- A child-bearing lady or planning to conceive in the future
- If you give breastfeeding to your baby.
- If you are taking any other treatment from a specialist or taking other medicines too
- Before giving this medicine to children kindly consult with your doctor or a child- specialist.
- If you have any critical liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you have depression, bipolar disorder, seizures, or colitis.
- Lastly, it is advisable to notice the reactions after taking its first dose so that if it causes some dizziness or makes you sleepy, you will avoid performing the task that requires concentration. Next time, take the drug accordingly.
Directions of Use
- Consume the Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine tablets as directed by your doctor.
- Read the prescription or the label of the product carefully and make sure you have read all the precautions and discussed with the doctor about any health issue or if you are allergic to any ingredient it includes.
- You need to swallow the whole medicine( without breaking or crushing it) with a glass of water.
However, if Artesunate, Pyrimethamine & Sulphadoxine Tablets have been approved by your doctor that means the doctor considers it to be safe and effective for you but if it causes you discomfort or the following symptoms kindly take assistance from your doctor.
- Abdominal pain
- A severe blistering,
- Peeling, red skin rash, pale skin
- Easy bruising or bleeding.
- Feeling tired, weak, or dizzy.
- Seizures (convulsions)
Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and out of reach of children.